Thursday, June 02, 2011

True Calls to the Emergency Services [911 in USA and 999 in UK]

Call one - Wrong gear?
Dispatcher: 911 What is your emergency?
Caller: I heard what sounded like gunshots coming from the brown house
on the corner.

Dispatcher: Do you have an address?
Caller: No, I have on a blouse and slacks, why?

Caller two - Wrong Child?
Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What's the nature of your emergency?

Caller: My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart

Dispatcher: Is this her first child?
Caller: No, you idiot! This is her husband!

Caller three - Wrong state?
Dispatcher: 911
Caller: Yeah, I'm having trouble breathing. I'm all out of breath.
Darn....I think I'm going to pass out.

Dispatcher: Sir, where are you calling from?
Caller: I'm at a pay phone. North and Foster.

Dispatcher: Sir, an ambulance is on the way. Are you an asthmatic?
Caller: No.

Dispatcher: What were you doing before you started having trouble breathing?
Caller: Running from the Police.

Caller four - Wrong order?
It may have seemed like an emergency at the time, but an inebriated
man from Hebron, Connecticut, USA, is now regretting his call to 911.

The 35 year old man was arrested when Police reported that he called
911 numerous times and told the dispatcher he was out of beer and
asked them to pick up more for him.

He was arrested for disorderly conduct and will appear in court soon.

Caller five - Wrong number?
Dispatcher: 911 What is the nature of your emergency?
Caller: I'm trying to reach nine eleven but my phone doesn't have an
eleven on it.

Dispatcher: This is nine eleven.
Caller: I thought you just said it was nine-one-one

Dispatcher: Yes, ma'am nine-one-one and nine-eleven are the same thing.
Caller: Honey, I may be old, but I'm not stupid.

Caller six - From 5 ridiculous people to 1 remarkable dog
When Leana Beasley of Richland, Washington, USA, fell out of her
wheelchair, her service dog, Faith, called 911 by pushing a speed-dial
button on Beasley's phone with her nose.

Beasley, 45, who suffers from grand mal seizures, had trained Faith,
with the help of the Assistance Dog Club of Puget Sound, to call for
help in the case of emergencies.

The 4-year-old Rottweiler barked into the receiver until the 911
dispatcher sent help. Then she opened the door when the paramedics
arrived.