Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I am Gossip

My name is Gossip.
I have no respect for justice.
I break hearts
And
Ruin lives.

I am
Cunning,
Malicious
And
Gather strength with age.

The more I am quoted,
The more I am believed.

I flourish at every level of society.
My victims are helpless.
They cannot protect themselves against me because,
I have no name and no face.

To track me down is impossible.
The harder you try, the more elusive
I become.

I am nobody's friend.
Once I tarnish a reputation,
It is never the same.

I topple governments
And
Wreck marriages.
I ruin careers
And
Cause sleepless nights,
Heartaches and indigestion.
I spawn suspicion
And
Generate grief.

I make innocent people cry in their pillows.
Even my name hisses.

I am called GOSSIP.
Office gossip-
Shop gossip-
Party gossip-
Telephone Gossip-
You name it Gossip.
I make headlines and headaches.

REMEMBER,
Before you repeat a story,
Ask yourself:
Is it true?
Is it fair?
Is it necessary??
If not,
Do NOT repeat It.
KEEP QUIET!

GREAT minds discuss ideas...
Average minds discuss events...
Shallow minds discuss people...
Which are you . . . ?