Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ocean joke(prawns!)

Far away in the tropical waters of the Coral Sea, two prawns were
swimming around in the sea - one called Justin and the other called
Christian.

The prawns were constantly being harassed and threatened by the sharks
that inhabited the area. Finally one day Justin said to Christian, 'I'm
fed up with being a prawn, I wish I were a shark, then I wouldn't have
any worries about being eaten.' A large mysterious cod appeared and
said, 'Your wish is granted' and lo and behold, Justin turned into a
shark. Horrified, Christian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten
by his old friend.

However, despite having no more fears, Justin found his new life as a
shark boring and lonely one. All his old friends simply swam away
whenever he came close to them. Justin realised that this new menacing
appearance was the cause of his sad plight. While swimming alone one
day, he saw the mysterious cod again and he thought perhaps the fish
could change him back into a prawn. He approached the cod and begged to
be changed back, and lo and behold, he found himself turned back into a
prawn.

With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes Justin swam back to his
friends and bought them all a cocktail. (The punch line does not involve
a prawn cocktail - it's much worse).

Looking around the gathering at the reef he realised he couldn't see his
old pal. 'Where's Christian?' he asked. 'He's at home, still distraught
that his best friend changed sides to the enemy and became a shark',
came the reply.

Eager to put things right again and end the mutual pain and torture, he
set off to Christian's abode. As he opened the coral gate, memories came
flooding back. He banged on the door and shouted, 'It's me, Justin, your
old friend, come out and see me again.'

Christian replied, 'I don't think so, you'll eat me. You're now a shark,
the enemy, and I'll not be tricked into being your dinner.'

Justin cried back, 'No, I'm not a shark. That was the old me. I've
changed....
.
.
.
.
.
.
Wait for it!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
I've found Cod.... I'm a Prawn again Christian'