Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Scottish Sympathy A must read.

I have seen this before, so I don't know how recent the concert, but
whenever it was it says a lot for our Scottish practicality, so I
thought I'd forward it again anyway – and proud of it!!

Scottish Sympathy

Bono, the lead singer of the band U2, is famous throughout the
entertainment industry for being more than just a little self-righteous.

At a recent U2 concert in Glasgow , Scotland, he asked the audience for
total quiet. Then, in the silence, he started to slowly clap his hands,
once every few seconds. Holding the audience in total silence, he said
into the microphone, "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa
dies."

A voice with a broad Scottish accent, from the front of the crowd,
pierces the quiet ..............

"Well, foockin stop doin it then!"