Friday, October 02, 2009

Lady golfer

Long but good punch line

 *A group of male lawyers lived and died for their Saturday
 morning round of golf . One transferred to another city . It
 wasn't the same without him .

 A new woman lawyer joined their law firm . She overheard
 the guys talking About their golf round . She said,
 "You know, I used to play on my golf Team in college
 and I was pretty good . Would you mind if I joined you Next
 week?"

 The three guys looked at each other . Not one of them
 wanted to say 'yes', but she had them on the spot .
 Finally, one man said it would be okay, but they would be
 starting early -- at 6:30 am .

 He figured the early tee-time would discourage her . The
 woman said this may be a problem, and asked if she could be
 up to 15 minutes late . They Rolled their eyes, but said
 okay . She smiled and said, "Good,
  I'll be there at 6:30 or 6:45 . "

 She showed up at 6:30 sharp, and beat all three of them
 with an Eye-opening 2-under par round . She was fun and
 pleasant person, and the guys were impressed . Back at the
 clubhouse, they congratulated her and invited her back the
 next week . She smiled, and said, "I'll be there at
 6:30 or 6:45 . "

 The next week she again showed up at 6:30 sharp . Only this
 time, she played left-handed . The three lawyers were
 incredulous as she still beat them with an even par round,
 despite playing with her off-hand . They were totally
 amazed, but wondered if she was trying to make them look bad
 by beating them left-handed .

 They couldn't figure her out . She was again very
 pleasant and didn't Seem to be purposely showing them up
 . They invited her back again, but Each man harbored a
 burning desire to beat her game .

 The third week, the guys had their game faces on . But this
 time, she was 15 minutes late,
  which made the guys irritable . This week the lady Lawyer
 played right-handed, and narrowly beat all three of them .

 The men mused that her late arrival was due to petty
 gamesmanship on her part . However, she was so gracious and
 so complimentary of their strong play, They couldn't
 hold a grudge .

 Back in the clubhouse, all three guys were shaking their
 heads . This Woman was a riddle no one could figure out .
 They had a couple of beers, And finally, one of the men
 asked her point blank, "How do you decide if you're
 going to golf right-handed or left-handed? "

 The lady blushed, and grinned . "That's
 easy," she said . "When my Dad taught me to play
 golf, I learned I was ambidextrous . I like to switch back
 and forth . When I got married in college, I discovered my
 husband always sleeps in the nude . From then on, I
 developed a silly habit . Right before I left in the morning
 for golf practice, I would pull the covers off him . If his
  you-know-what was pointing to the right, I golfed
 right-handed; if it was pointed to the left, I golfed
 left-handed .

 The guys on the team thought this was hysterical .
 Astonished at this bizarre information, one of the guys shot
 back, "But what if it's pointing straight up in the
 air?"*

 *She said, "Then, I'm fifteen minutes late .