Thursday, February 14, 2013

Quotes .... Marilyn Monroe

In its feature on the top 100 people of the last century, TIME magazine
wrote about Marilyn Monroe,
"She sauntered through life as the most delectable sex symbol of the century
and became its most enduring pop confection."

Marilyn Monroe was born Norma Jeane Mortenson and legally changed her name
to Marilyn Monroe in 1956.

She became an American icon after a series of sexy performances on the
silver screen.

On this page, you can read some interesting quotes by Marilyn Monroe.

(on her marriage to Jim Dougherty)... My marriage brought me neither
happiness nor pain. My husband and I hardly spoke to each other. This wasn't
because we were angry. We had nothing to say.

A career is born in public -- talent in privacy.

Acting isn't something you do. Instead of doing it, it occurs. If you're
going to start with logic, you might as well give up. You can have conscious
preparation, but you have unconscious results.

Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After
marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him.

Blond hair and breasts, that's how I got started. I couldn't act. All I had
was blond hair and a body men liked. The reason I got ahead is that I was
lucky and met the right men.

Dogs never bite me, just humans.

Even though I was born there, I still can't think of one good thing to say
about it. If I close my eyes, and picture LA, all I see is one big varicose
vein.

Every morning I walk across my apartment rolling an empty soda bottle
between my ankles, in order to preserve my balance.

Fame is fickle and I know it.

Husbands are chiefly good as lovers when they are betraying their wives.

I always sleep with my mouth open. I know because it's open when I wake up.

I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

I knew I belonged to the public and to the world. Not because I was talented
or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone
else.

I like actors very much, but to marry one would be like marrying your
brother. You look too much alike in the mirror.

I love to do the things the censors won't pass.

I never wear stockings or underclothes because I think it is important to
breathe freely.

I restore myself when I'm alone.

I seldom write letters, but I love calling friends, especially late at
night, when I can't sleep.

I used to think as I looked at the Hollywood night, "There must be thousands
of girls sitting alone like me, dreaming of becoming a movie star. But I'm
not going to worry about them. I'm dreaming the hardest."