Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Idiot sighting

STAY ALERT!

They walk among us... And the scary part is that they VOTE
And they REPRODUCE!

IDIOT SIGHTING :
We had to have the garage door repaired.
The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did
not have a "large" enough motor on the opener.
I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears
made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower.
He shook his head and said,
"Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower."
I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4.
He said, "NO, it's not." Four is larger than two.."

We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I
gave the clerk a $5 bill.
Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter.
She said,
"You gave me too much money."
I said,
"Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back."
She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my
request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said
"We're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing."
The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change.

Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.


IDIOT SIGHTING :
I live in a semi rural area.
We recently had a new neighbour call the local township administrative
office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road.
The reason:
"Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a
good place for them to be crossing anymore."

From Kingman , KS.


IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco.
She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce."
He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

From Kansas City.


IDIOT SIGHTING :
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee
asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your
knowledge?"
To which I replied,
"If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?"
He smiled knowingly and nodded,
"That's why we ask."

Happened in Birmingham, Ala.


IDIOT SIGHTING:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street.
I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine.
She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for.
I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red.
Appalled, she responded,
"What on earth are blind people doing driving?!"

She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up
our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it.
We went to the service department and found a mechanic working
feverishly to unlock the drivers side door.
As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door
handle and discovered that it was unlocked.
"Hey," I announced to the technician, "its open!"
His reply, "I know. I already got that side."

This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, Mississippi