Friday, January 18, 2008

Holy Humor.

A little boy got on the bus, sat next to a man reading a book, and
noticed he had his collar on backwards. The little boy asked why he
wore his collar backwards. The man, who was a priest, said, 'I am a
Father.' The little boy replied. 'My Daddy doesn't wear his collar
like that.' The priest looked up from his book and answered . 'I am
the Father of many.' The boy said, 'My Dad has 4 boys, 4 girls and two
grandchildren and he doesn't wear his collar that way!' The priest,
getting impatient said, 'I am the Father of hundreds' and went back to
reading his book. The little boy sat quietly thinking for a while,
then leaned over and said, 'Maybe you should wear a condom and your
pants b ackwards instead of your collar'
========
A father was approached by his small son who told him proudly, 'I know
what the Bible means!' His father smiled and replied, 'What do you
mean, you 'know' what the Bible means?' The son replied, 'I do know!'
'Okay,' said his father. 'What does the Bible mean?' 'That's easy,
Daddy...' the young boy replied excitedly, 'It stands for 'Basic
Information Before Leaving Earth.'
(this one is my favorite)
=======
There was a very gracious lady who was mailing an old family Bible to
her brother in another part of the country. 'Is there anything
breakable in here?' asked the postal clerk. 'Only the Ten
Commandments. ' answered the lady.
========
'Somebody has said there are only two kinds of people in t he world.
There are those who wake up in the morning and say, 'Good morning,
Lord,' and there are those who wake up in the morning and say, 'Good
Lord, it's morning.'
========
A minister parked his car in a no-parking zone in a large city because
he was short of time and couldn't find a space with a meter. Then he
put a note under the windshield wiper that read: 'I have circled the
block 10 times. If I don't park here, I'll miss my appointment.
Forgive us our trespasses.' When he returned, he found a citation from
a police officer along with this note 'I've circled this block for 10
years. If I don't give you a ticket I'll lose my job. Lead us not into
temptation.'
========
A Sunday School teacher began her lesson with a question, 'Boys and
girls, what do we kn ow about God?' A hand shot up in the air. 'He is
an artist!' said the kindergarten boy. 'Really? How do you know?' the
teacher asked. 'You know - Our Father, who does art in Heaven... '
========
A minister waited in line to have his car filled with gas just before
a long holiday weekend. The attendant worked quickly, but there were
many cars ahead of him. Finally, the attendant motioned him toward a
vacant pump. 'Reverend,' said the young man, 'I'm so sorry about the
delay. It seems as if everyone waits until the last minute to get
ready for a long trip.' The minister chuckled, 'I know what you mean.
It's the same in my business.'
========
People want the front of the bus, the back of the church, and the
center of attention.
========
Give me a sense of humor, Lord, Give me the grace to see a joke, To
get some humor out of life, And pass it on to other folk!