Tuesday, January 29, 2008

FUNNY QUOTES FROM BRITISH POLITICS

"The labour Party has lost the last four elections. If they lose
another, they get to keep the liberal party."
Clive Anderson.

"If the word 'No' was removed from the English language, Ian Paisley
would be speechless"
John Hume.

"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
Margaret Thatcher.

"Harold Wilson is going around the country stirring up apathy."
William Whitelaw.

"I don't know what I would do without Whitelaw. Everyone should have a
Willy."
Margaret Thatcher.

"The difference between a misfortune and a calamity is this: If
Gladstone fell into the Thames, it would be a misfortune. But if
someone dragged him out again, that would be a calamity."
Benjamin Disraeli.

"I have no interest in sailing around the world. Not that there is any
lack of requests for me to do so."
Edward Heath.

"The Labour Party's election manifesto is the longest suicide note in
history."
Greg Knight.

"At every crisis the Kaiser crumpled. In defeat he fled; in revolution
he abdicated; in exile he remarried."
Winston Churchill.

"The British Secret Service was staffed at one point almost entirely
by alcoholic homosexuals working for the KGB."
Clive James.