Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The arrogance of the bloody Australian cricketers

God asks Donald Bradman: "What do you
believe?" Donald thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and
says, "I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and
friends. I believe in giving.
I was lucky, but I always tried to do right by my fans."

God can't help but see the essential goodness of Bradman, and offers
him a seat to his left.

Then God turns to Allan Border and says, "What do you believe?"
Allan says, "I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the
fundamentals of life. I, too, have been lucky, but win or lose, I've
always tried to be a true sportsman, both on and off the playing
fields."

God is greatly moved by Allan's sincere eloquence, and he offers him
a seat to his right.

Finally, God turns to Ricky Ponting: "And you, Ricky, what do you believe?"

Ricky replies, "I believe you're in my seat."