Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The economics of it....

 EVER SINCE I WAS A CHILD, I'VE ALWAYS HAD A FEAR OF SOMEONE UNDER MY
BED AT NIGHT. SO I WENT TO A PSYCHIATRIST AND TOLD HIM ...


"I've got problems. Every time I go to bed I think there's somebody
under it. I'm scared.. I think I'm going crazy."
"Just put yourself in my hands for one year," said the doctor. "Come
talk to me three times a week and we should be able to get rid of
those fears."

"How much do you charge?" I asked
"Eighty dollars per visit," replied the doctor
"I'll sleep on it," I said, and off I went to seek solace at my
favourite watering-hole.
Six months later the doctor met me on the street.

"Why didn't you ever come to see me about those fears you were
having?" he asked.

"Well," I said, "Eighty bucks a visit, three times a week for a year,
is an awful lot of money!" I said, "A bartender cured me for $10, and
I was so happy to have saved all that money that I went and bought
myself a new car!'

"Is that so?" said the psychiatrist in a bit of a huff. "And how, may
I ask, did a bartender cure you?"  "And in such a short time?"
.....
......
.......
........
.........

"He told me to cut the legs off the bed! - Ain't nobody under there now ! ! ! "