Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Half-Wit from Aberdeen Shire

A man owned a small farm in Aberdeen Shire. The Department of Work &
Pensions claimed he was not paying proper wages to his farm hands and
sent an Inspector out to interview him.

"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded
the agent.

"Well," replied the farmer, "There's my farm hand who's been with me
for 3 years. I pay him £ 200 a week plus free room and board. There is
a lady who cleans and cooks she's been here for 18 months, and I pay
her £ 150 per week plus free room and board."

"Then there's the half-wit. He works about 18 hours every day and does
about 90% of all the work. He makes about £ 10 per week, pays his own
room and board, and I buy him a bottle of Scotch every Saturday night.
He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."

"That's the man I want to talk to...the half-wit," says the Inspector .

"That would be me then," replied the farmer.