Thursday, November 16, 2006

GRANDPAS

Wisdom of the ages

Subject: Fw: FW: GRANDPAS



Many of us unfortunately were born after our own Grandpas had passed on
And never had the opportunity to enjoy moments like this. I hope this
will again confirm that the most important information in your life won't
come from a teacher, the library or the Internet. It comes from a mentor and
Always on a very personal level.

My long-passed grandfather's birthday is coming up and for me it is a
time to reminisce. We used to take long walks and drives together. He would
Make special trips to pick me up so I could spend weekends with him.

I was young when he died. If he were living today and sharing his pearls
Of wisdom, I'd be a better man. The one I remember best came from him
when I was only 12.

We were sitting in a park, watching children with their mothers
enjoying a beautiful spring day. He told me that one day, I'd find a woman and
start my own family. Then came the jewel in the crown of grandfatherly advice
when he said, "And be sure you marry a woman with small hands."

"Why should I do that, Grandpa?" I asked.

"It makes your pecker look bigger."

It kinda brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?