Sunday, December 07, 2008

Stages of the Married Cold.

Stage 1:
Sugar dumpling, I've really been worried about my baby girl.
That's a bad sniffle and there's no telling about these things
With all the strep that's going around.
I'm going to put you in the hospital for a general check-up and a good rest.
I know the food's terrible,
But, I'm going to bring you dinner every night from Rosini's.
I've got it all arranged with the floor Supervisor.

Stage 2:
Listen, darling, I don't like the sound of that cough.
I'm going to call Doc Miller to rush over here.
Now, you go to bed like a good girl just for papa.

Stage 3:
Maybe you'd better lie down, honey.
Nothing like a little rest when you feel lousy.
I'll bring you something.
Have we got any canned soup?

Stage 4:
Now look, dear, be sensible.
After you've fed the kids and gotten the dishes done and the floor mopped,
You'd better lie down for a while.

Stage 5:
Why don't you take a couple of aspirins?

Stage 6:
Why you'd just gargle or something instead of sitting around barking
like a seal all evening!

Stage 7:
Would you stop coughing on me?!?
Are you trying to give me pneumonia?!?